Monday, March 22, 2010

Crafting is good for my soul

I am back from an INCREDIBLE weekend of uninterrupted crafting. Marilyn and her crew from Scrapbookers Anonymous put on a fantastic retreat up at the Lakeview Resort in Gimli, MB. We were showered with lovely goody bags, cute prizes, yummy buffet meals and most importantly, uninterrupted time to: chat with, giggle with, ask advice from, bond with, borrow supplies from, and become inspired by other talented crafters. It really was the ultimate girls weekend.

Not only that but we were EXTREMELY productive.
Tricia = 47 cards








Tamara = 12 scrapbook pages, 8 cards, 2 mini books






Gerry = 114 photos matted and adhered to pages




Renelle = 20 pages, 16 cards





Cheryl = 2 calendars, 1 purse, 1 matchbox dresser, 1 card tote, 2 alligator wallets, 4 cards, 4 sesame street magnets

****Tonight I have a date with my camera and projects (yes, a threesome! ;P) so stay tuned for upcoming posts****

For now, here are some photos of our weekend together.

My extremely organized work area:


Once you completed a project/page/card etc you could take the incentive cone from whomever had it last. If the prize patrol came into the room and you were in possession of the cone, you won a prize! Renelle, Tricia, and Tamara were big winners at our table. In the picture below, I barely made it back to my seat and it was stolen by somebody else.


Our table working hard. Ok so we staged this. Whatever. We still looked good.


One of the buffets that the Lakeview spoiled us with. The food was delicious and the service was amazing.


Gotta love a girl who loves her bacon. See all the fun you missed?


Me 'n my peeps...I {heart} them alot. :)


As I crafted on Sunday, feeling sad that my crafting time was coming to an end, I was washed over with gratitude that I had great friends who love crafting as much as I do, who were willing to leave their families for a weekend to play with paper, scissors and glue. So thank you to Tamara, Tricia, Renelle and Gerry for a wonderful weekend...here's to many more retreats and weekends crafting together.

*sigh* Crafting really IS good for my soul.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way Cheryl. I'm so blessed to have this group of inspiring women in my life. And, this inspiration spreads well beyond the crafting world. I feel so lucky. It was such a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why my comment didn't work earlier, so I'll add it again...

    Ditto to all of the above. I had an AMAZING weekend and am looking forward to doing it again soon. Thanks again, Cher, for finding out about it.

    Renelle

    ReplyDelete